Monday, September 21, 2009

Who Are You?

At Youth Group last night we talked about our identity--if your name was in the dictionary, what would your definition be? Here were some of the answers:

"A cheerleader"
"Daughter of Mike and Diana"
"Soccer player"
"United Methodist"
"Rock star dude!"
"Caucasian/White"

We had a great discussion about what our "definitions" might be, but then there was a new question--how would God write your definition? We looked at a list of "I am..." statements, this list composed by Neil Anderson. Each student picked one that seemed significant to him or her. Some popular ones were:


Ephesians 2:10
I am God's workmanship.

Colossians 1:13-14
I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins.

John 15:15
As a disciple, I am a friend of Jesus Christ.

Check out the list--what stands out to you? How are you basing your identity in Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment